Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Whoring of America

The Community Free Press
Vincent David Jericho/June 20 - July 3, 2007


The Whoring of America

The last edition of the Free Press featured a story on immigration. It was well researched and written but I confess I did not agree with some of the inferences.

Is the immigration system a bureaucratic mess? Yes.

Should the process be more consistent, shortened or made easier? Consistent yes; it is unlikely that you will get the same answer on the same question when asked of 2 or 3 different people working within the INS. THAT needs to be fixed. Made shorter or easier; no.

When you have to work at something it has value. When you struggled in school to learn your multiplication tables and them mastered them there was a sense of satisfaction you never would have enjoyed had you just turned to your computer for the answer. You sweated, worked, studied, memorized and mastered and it felt good! I had the same feeling when I struggled and worked my way through the bureaucratic jungle, persisted and was ultimately rewarded with my US Citizenship: something I hold almost as dear as my Lord, my wife and my children. I was SO excited when my day to raise my hand to swear allegiance to The United States of America, finally came. Had I not had to work for it, spent countless sleepless nights worrying about it and years waiting for it, IT would have had NO value.

Boys my age had a word for a girl who gave herself to you easily, it is not a very nice word, whore. Sadly the girl was used by some guys to fulfill a need but was she the girl you brought home to mom or ever considered as a candidate to be the mother of your children? Never! SO by giving up her citizenship easily does America in effect become a harlot and does anyone other than the desperate and criminal value a harlot.

If you have no romance, no relationship only one person forcing themselves on another, you have rape. To allow yourself to be violated and in fact to take payment for the act you become, by definition, whore. If you act as a whore, {payment here is cheap votes for the Democrats and cheap labor for the American Chamber of Commerce}, the act and the institution loose their value and meaning. Granting amnesty and ultimately citizenship to illegal aliens will in the end make the phrase “citizen of the United States of America”, meaningless and valueless and leave America, the country, a tired worn out whore valued only by those seeking to use her and get self gratification from her!


3 comments:

The Lorax said...

I couldn't tell from your sourcing if you took the story from the Community Free Press... or if you partook of the whore?

I agree that we need a system that works long-term, but you'll also have to find a way to start using the system.

You'll have to draw a line in the sand.

And we can't turn people away. That is as unAmerican as it gets.

tom said...

One might wander why you named the "democrats", but only mentioned the Chamber of Commerce as a group which represents almost in whole the republicans.

Both of our current two political parties want to "whore" America out to the group which will get them elected back into office and it is sad to see that the republicans weren't mentioned by name in this article as well.

Immigration is what made this country GREAT, however immigrants of the past didn't, couldn't and wouldn't have relied on a welfare system if it existed.

Anonymous said...

I couldnt agree with you more. Its funny how well that analogy applies to our country. In the past if you wanted to be a citizen it cost you some thing. Just like with me using my dads tools. I wouldnt take care of them if they were his. Not that I didnt care I just didnt think about it. But the moment I had to start buying my own tools I had to start taking care of them or I had to buy more. Its the same thing for America. If we dont have an investment in America we wont take care of her.