Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Right...Again!

So it was last Wednesday morning, {Aug 6, 2008} I told you Greg Burris would be the new City of Springfield Manager and at 2 pm today {Aug 12, 2008} the city confirmed what you already knew.

My sources tell me the search committee had the rankings #1 Oklahoma, #2 Arkansas and #3 Burris.

The chamber and other powerful people had ALWAYS wanted Mr. Burris and even though his set of qualifications do not match the job posting, {see Jackehammer} Mr. Burris gets the job.

The good old boys strike again...yes.

Discouraging for those of us trying to break their hold and turn this city in a direction beneficial for the many...absolutely

Defeated...Never.

April is coming and we will have the last laugh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I lived in Springfield, Missouri for many years, being a "son" of the city. Born and raised there. Raised my family there ....until January 2007 when I moved my family to Nixa, Missouri. As I watch the news, and listen to the talk and scuttlebutt on the things that continue to happen to this great Queen City, it makes me ill. I have known most of the people on the city council for years, through business and social events, and I can not believe what has happened over the last 5 years to the city of Springfield. Yes, there have been great things built and developed, but at what cost. I have a lot of friends and family who serve this city as police officers and is unbelievable the "thanks" they have been given. This "new hire" that the city mother and fathers have elected to hire, at his price, better have a magic wand, because he will need super powers not to become a "puppet" for those in charge and those that are giving him the city bank. It is my hope that things change for the positive and that Mr. Burris does a great job, and I hope that he also takes the time to pay special attention to the police and firemen in this city.

Louie