Thursday, August 27, 2009

A letter I got

Yesterday when I was at the dr.'s office, I met the most AMAZING two year old boy named Zachary. He had incredible manners and was talking up a storm. His mother and I were talking and she asked him to say the Pledge of Allegiance for me. He stopped playing with the toys and stood in front of me and said it.....perfectly!!! I was blown away!! I told the mom "kudos" for teaching him the Pledge of Allegiance, especially at such a young age. I then said it was great for him to learn it now, because he won't learn it once he gets in school.
Then she said, "It's his favorite thing to say. He also loves singing all kinds of patriotic songs. His favorite is "I'm Proud to be an American". I asked Zachary if he would sing it for me, and he did. I got goosebumps, and tears welled up in my eyes.
Then she said that her parents are both Vietnam Vets. On the 4th of July, he sang it for them and everyone that was at their celebration couldn't help but cry.
I was so impressed with this little two year old boy and his mother for being so patriotic. Why can't ALL Americans be this way???
I just wanted to share this story with you. It gave me some hope yesterday......and maybe it will give you some hope as well.

Sara
an avid fan of KSGF

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great story, I love to hear about great Americans like this young man and his family. "All great change in America begins at the dinner table." Ronald Reagan...I don't think it could be said any better.