Tuesday, September 27, 2005

September 27, 2005

SERVICE DUTY HONOR vs poison hate contempt

I love Ameirca!

It really is that simple. I adore our country and will do everything I can to protect her and our way of life. Trash the like written by Joan Collins and published in the Fish Wrapper MUST be exposed as the traitorous trash it is. To assert that those serving in our military are the dregs, too poor or too stupid to understand they have options is an insult not just to every soldier but every real American.

Contrast her sickening drivel with this email from my favorite Marine, Nick Ibarra:

Hello to all:


Well, this is my final letter from this country. We are done, just waiting to hop from place to place until we get home. It seems surreal. Anyhow, I have something to share with you guys. I truly do appreciate the time all of you have taken to read my letters, as well as the 90% of you who have written back. Well, I wrote a poem about being out here, and I wanted to share it with you. I wrote it for myself, to always remember; but I wanted to share it with those that I call my friends. If you are reading this that is what you are. So here goes:

Marine
From the Lexington Green to Fallujah,
Patriots have stood by one another,
In defense of our nations liberty,
Fighting with each man as a brother.

Now it is my turn to go,
And stand up for what I believe;
I will do my part to defend my nation,
I won't quit my post until properly relieved.

The sand makes the sun a litle more bright.
The beads of sweat roll down my face.
It is my first time out of the wire,
This feeling I will forever embrace.

Time has passed along with missions,
Repetitive motion has taught me to stay calm;
Thoughts often revert to the wife and kids,
And also to the 91st Psalm.

But I have to remain ready;
For when it happens, it happens fast.
And there is nothing I want less,
Than for any of us to become a memory of the past.

Now time is getting short,
But my posture remains erect.
Looking back on the time,
I begin to reflect.

I have recieved the command to lock and load,
A total of 94 times,
I wouldn't choose to do it again for a million dollars,
But wouldn't trade the memory for that 10 times.

I've carried the dead and seen the wounded,
Helpless on the stretchers they straddle,
I've been close enough to being on the other side
To make my ears ring and my brain rattle.

In time I will look to these days,
A time when my honor was always kept clean,
It will always make me stand a little taller,
Because I'm an American, because I'm a United States Marine.

Semper Fi--
Nick

SERVICE DUTY HONOR vs. poison hate contempt

Links from today's show.
Exposing Americans for United Peace and Justice:
http://slate.msn.com/id/2126913

Community Air Patrol needs help:
www.communityairpatrol.com

Something special on air tomorrow, my wife Denise.

Vincent David Jericho
News Talk KSGF
104.1 FM
1260 AM
Weekdays 6 - 9 AM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU, Vincent Jericho, for all that you do to support our troops and our country. A dear friend, who is actually more like a sister, has been by your side for the last two counter-protests in your area. What I know of you, I know because of her, and I consider myself blessed to know of the work you're doing and of your blog site. Thanks, J. M.!!!

Also, I want to thank you for posting the wonderful poem from your favorite Marine. I plan on sharing it with many as his words speak volumes. If only the peace activists actually LISTENED to those they claim to support, huh? Instead, they consider them ignorant and brainwashed. It's so frustrating.

Bless you and all those in Missouri who are standing up to the extremists in your midst. Keep up the good work and I'll try to match it here in the great state of Indiana.